Knowsys Group is looking to add to our growing IT and Software Asset Management discipline. We provide our clients with Managed Services, Risk Assessments, Compliance Positions, and Vendor Audit Defense in this space. We are always looking for the right people to join our team.
The ITAM/SAM Consultant will have the requisite experience and expertise which may be reflected in the following:
- Knowledge of IT Service lifecycle management for hardware and software licensing.
- Assure software license compliance for all software titles and associated agreements
- Manage multiple license types, software suites, entitlements, upgrade and downgrade of licenses to ensure best-fit licensing
- Manage unallocated software licenses for reclamation, software counts for reconciliation’s and software discovery models for normalization
- Import licenses and Proof of Entitlements/contract information into software asset management tools
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the inventory and entitlement data
- Work with key stakeholders in order to optimize the value, cost, and risk of technology assets.
- Track, maintain, and coordinate license and maintenance agreement renewals and procurements.
- Determine license position for projects, true-ups and audits, and contract and license maintenance renewals using available financial and installation data.
- Provide information associated with litigation and software compliance, contracts, and EULAs
- Support establishment of contract management procedures, tools and methodologies to implement the contract in accordance with its terms, documenting and managing records with the objective to maintain complete contract documentation files and audit trail
- Identify, assess and manage risk-related areas in the contract execution process and support rigorous and effective risk management procedures.
- Develop standard processes and manage the contract change request, contract amendment and management lifecycle, understanding all aspects of Contract Management tools, templates, processes and governance.
- Collect and maintain accurate software licensing information to address budgeting, software compliance and inventory, contracts, and cost. Forecast IT asset investments and service costs.
- Analyze project business cases, challenge financial spending, savings and benefit assumptions, and assist in the formulation and understand project benefits in the market context of competitive pressures and business challenges.
- Perform Financial Analysis & Reviews such as TCO and ROI on Project Requests to facilitate funding approval.
- Assist in the development of financial models, collect and evaluate data, make appropriate assumptions, analyze results and make recommendations.
- Support process improvements of the key financial systems, processes and metrics to support financial reporting.
- Interface with Accounting & Finance.
- Establish internal standards, processes, and templates for working with vendors and automating processes where applicable.
- Understand IT vendor spending by category, cost centre, region, and vendor.
- Ensure there are clear metrics across all key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure strong performance management.
- Lead collaboration between IT and Procurement, Legal, and Finance Services to maximize contract value and mitigate risk.
- Work proactively with IT Service Owners to identify area of opportunity to assist procurement staff when negotiating with vendors to optimize the procurement of cost-effective acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in Business Administration , Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- MBA is preferred
- 6 years’ experience
- Three or more years of experience in project management, asset management, finance, or supply chain, in a technology environment are desirable.
- Ability to see ‘big picture” strategic view as well as process details.
- Ability to work with various systems and data sources to gather and assimilate required information.
- Work experience with the ServiceNow platform is preferred.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) experience is desired.
- IAITAM (CSAM, CITAM) or equivalent certification is preferred
- IT Asset Management: 2 years (Required)
- Asset Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- ITIL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)