Knowsys offers Cloud Migration and Application Modernization through our IT Management Consulting Services. This practice is supported by our experienced SME’s and architects. The automated technology employed to deliver these services is through our strategic partnership with CAST.
CAST is an innovative, automated solution that allows for greater objectivity, faster modernization, and higher quality in your cloud migration and application modernization initiatives.
With CAST Highlight, clients receive a rapid application portfolio analysis in as little as one week. This is accomplished through automated source code analysis on hundreds of applications and is 5x-30x faster than manual code reviews. CAST allows for smarter portfolio rationalization, fact-based cost optimization, and intelligent technology due diligence.
According to Gartner, organizations can gain an immediate 20% cost savings through application portfolio rationalization. (Gartner Report – 10 IT Cost Optimization Techniques for Private and Public Sector Organizations). In a matter of days, CAST Highlight rapidly identifies which custom applications to keep, consolidate, or retire – based on facts.
In fact, less than 40% of cloud migrations succeed when using subjective, survey-based readiness assessments. (Cloud Migration study by QA-Vector Research).
Lastly, according to Gartner over 90% of organizations use opensource components within their software which introduces security, legal, and obsolescence risks (Gartner Software Composition Analysis Report for Private and Public Sector Organizations). CAST highlight identifies opensource risks across the entire portfolio and prioritizes the most critical vulnerabilities to address first.
CAST Highlight delivers the following:
- Cloud Readiness (Roadblocks and Boosters);
- Software Health (Resiliency and Agility);
- Software Composition (OSS Vulnerabilities and IP Risks); and
- Privacy Data Detection (GDPR and PII Patterns)
With CAST Highlight, you got the mile-wide, one-inch deep view of your application portfolio. You got to identify which apps are prime for cloud migration or where vulnerabilities exist. Now what?
With CAST AIP Imaging you get to focus on a specific application (legacy, undocumented, monolithic custom apps). Imagine Google Maps for your architecture. CAST Imaging reverse engineers all database structures, code components, and interdependencies in complex software systems. The resulting architectural blueprints are accurate and interactive.
There are four components of CAST Imaging:
- MRI-Imaging – Interactive architectural blueprints from reverse engineering;
- CAST Engineering Dashboard – providing insights for monster flaws interception, architecture adherence checks, and structural security findings to prevent outages, data corruption, insider threats, and major re-work;
- CAST Health Dashboard – Executive management level insights into quality grades (CISQ, ISO 5055), automated function points, and structural integrity trends to enable objective decision-making, better IT investments, fact-based management of ADM vendors and internal teams.
- CAST AppMarq – Benchmark insights for digital leaders to objectively compare their applications condition, their ADM vendor and internal team delivery performance against industry peers.
According to an IEEE study, 58% of developers time is spent understanding existing code. CAST Imaging can cut that time in HALF.
65% of applications require rearchitecting to take advantage of cloud.
CAST Imaging enables architects to see how legacy code needs to transform. (Cloud migration study by QA-Vector Research).
CAST Imaging enables fast and efficient collaboration among distributed development teams, allowing to transition projects more quickly.